About Smart North Florida
Smart North Florida is using innovative and emerging technologies to collect, analyze and apply data from many sources to solve problems and enhance the region’s livability. While some of these technologies have been deployed independently with great success, harnessing the power of regional collaboration and coordinated data will provide new and innovative means to improve citizens’ quality of life.
Though the North Florida Smart Region Master Plan’s initial focus is on transportation, the Smart North Florida movement is growing to include utilities and other public assets on Clay, Duval, Nassau and St. Johns counties.
Safety: Provide a safer transportation network to work toward a goal of eliminating fatalities.
Mobility: Provide a transportation network that is consistent and reliable for users.
Energy/Climate: Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption with multi-modal options, congestion reduction and smart utilities.
Opportunity for All: Provide ladders of opportunity with multi-modal options that are accessible, reliable and affordable for individuals with varied needs.
Grow North Florida: Grow our economy by providing a transportation system that encourages commerce; supporting the local tech community; and creating a quality of life where businesses can attract the best and brightest talent.
- City of Jacksonville
- City of St. Augustine
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce (JAXUSA)
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority (JTA)
- North Florida Transportation Planning Organization (North Florida TPO)
Planning and Implementation Partners
- Baptist Medical Center
- Clay County
- Clay County Tourist Development Council
- Clay Electric
- Council on Aging Nassau County
- CSX Transportation
- Downtown Investment Authority (Jacksonville)
- Duval County Tourist Development Council
- Florida Department of Transportation
- Florida East Coast Railway
- Florida Highway Patrol
- Florida Power & Light
- Health Planning Council
- Jacksonville Aviation Authority
- Jacksonville Port Authority
- Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
- Jacksonville University
- Mayo Clinic
- Nassau County Commission
- Nassau Count Council on Aging
- Nassau County Ocean, Highway & Port Authority
- Nassau County Public Works
- Norfolk Southern Railway
- Northeast Florida Regional Planning Council
- St. Johns County
- St. Johns County Tourism Development Council
- St. Johns County Utility Services
- The Sunshine Bus Company
- University of North Florida
- U.S. Marine Corps Blount Island Command
- U.S. Navy - Naval Station Mayport
- U.S. Navy - Naval Air Station Jacksonville